Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Hobbie

For my birthday, along with the cruise, Wyatt bought me cake decorating classes. I took fondant and gum paste decorating in October. There were 4 classes throughout the month. It was challenging, but so fun! I learned how to do some awesome things like making roses, daisies, bows, carnations, and several different flowers and other things to make a beautiful cake. Here is my first finished product:



All of the decoration is entirely out of fondant and gum paste icing.  Even the flowers. Now keep in mind that this is the first cake I have done in Fondant so it isn't perfect. I made this cake for my mom's birthday. I want to continue to develop my skill so I can make cute cakes for my kids!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

This cake is super cute, you did a great job...natural talent I see! :) And CONGRATS on the baby boy!!! We are so excited for you. I love being a mom and I know you will too. Be sure to keep your blog updated!

Casey and Jessie said...

That is super cute! I would've never thought it was your first cake!

Amber lee said...

So cute! Love the daisies.